Adding <a> tags around <singleline> tags gets removed

Here is a snippet of my code:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" class="offer">
                                                <td class="offer-off">
                                                    <a href="full url" style="text-decoration:none; color: #ffffff;" target="_blank"><singleline label="Coupon Discount">15% Off</singleline></a>
                                                <td class="offer-text">
                                                    <a href="full url"><singleline label="Coupon Discount Text">Save 15% off 
                                                <td class="offer-date">
                                                    <a href="full url" style="text-decoration:none; color: #ffffff;" target="_blank"><strong><singleline label="Coupon Discount Expiration">Offer
                                                        Expires: Dec 1</singleline></strong></a>

I've tried numerous combinations.  I put the <strong> tags inside and outside my <a> tags.  I used and removed the style attribute in the <a> tags. 

I believe in almost every attempt the <a> tags were stripped out.

Any thoughts?

acerpro, 4 years ago

Ok, clearly I didn't read the instructions properly on the <singleline> tag.  There isn't a need to add a <a> tag around the <singleline> tag in the template.  The template editor will allow you to do that dynamically.

From the instructions: … singleline

The content author can optionally add a link to the complete text using the editor.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Thanks for posting a follow-up, acerpro - this is correct. Give us a buzz if there's anything else we can help with here :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free