Images slow to load

I've had a couple of customers send me screenshots where their images are not loading completely until they reload the messages. I've experienced this as well. Is there an issue with the system or is it just the temporary holiday volume?

If the images in my emails aren't available it makes me (and by extension my clients) look bad.

cpattersonv1, 4 years ago

Total email weight is 155k, 4 large images at 37k, 10k, and 33k, 14k the rest are 2k. Some of the 2k images aren't loading.

ikhlaqbhat, 4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issues from the last 1 week or so. At times they are slow to load, at times  they won't show up at all and then there are time when sudennly one or 2 images will be  missing rendering the whole design useless. Has someting been done to rectify this?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi cpattersonv1 and ikhlaqbhat, we're looking into these reports on a case by case basis - while we're not aware of any issues affecting the loading of all images, there is always the possibility that issues between our CDN provider and individual ISPs may cause images to load slowly.

Your best bet would be to contact our support team with your ISP details and we'll get our sysadmins to look into this for you. We may ask you do some basic tests on your end.

Thanks folks, so sorry for the hassle here - hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
pardus, 4 years ago

I am having the same problems. Based in Vancouver, BC. Even in the admin section pages get stuck loading, click refresh loads them instantly. Additionally, having a lot of problems with various elements loading like edit buttons and other graphics, template previews and even the live editor is having problems. I have tried on multiple computers and browsers as well as at other locations.

Hi pardus, since our last update, we've identified issues with our CDN provider, whom we're in the process of switching away from. The transition process hasn't been as smooth as we would have liked, however seem to be very much intermittent and localised to a few customers.

I'd ask that you kindly try again shortly and let us know if you're still experiencing issues here. We are working on getting this resolved in the very near future, however I can fully understand that this can be a frustrating situation and hope you can bear with us as we work on improving our level of service here.

Sorry again pardus, hopefully we can have this ironed out very soon.

We're also on Facebook:
kmeronuk, 4 years ago

I'm also experiencing this issue. My client is based in Vancouver, BC, and I'm just outside of Vancouver on a different ISP (though connected through a VPN to a US server). When viewing test emails both in the mail client and the web versions, various images don't load. This is happening for both of us.

If I view another email and then come back, or refresh the web browser, the images generally all load. It's not always the same images.

Just wondering if there's an update on this from the last 4 days.

Hi kmeronuk, welcome to the forums! Our team were looking into this earlier and it looks like the CDN issues have cleared up. Kindly try again and let us know if you're still experiencing slowness in loading images.

Sorry about the wait, everyone - we've really appreciated all your help and patience during this time.

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free