A way to send small campaign variations to different subscribers?

I have a client that would like to send an almost identical campaign to 7 different subscribe lists. The only difference between each campaign will be that it appears to come from a different sales rep with a unique signature and reply address. Obviously I can go through the task of creating 8 unique campaigns. Is there a smarter way?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Diana Diana, 4 years ago

Hi dsafanda,

You can create a copy of a draft campaign by hovering over the name of the draft from the Create/Send tab and then clicking the button that pops up to copy. So you'll just want to create the first campaign and then create 7 copies and make those small changes to the signature and reply address.

Otherwise, if you can live with the same from and reply-to address for every campaign, you could use personalization to add in a unique signature and other details for each subscriber, so you could send just 1 campaign rather than 8 individual ones.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
dsafanda, 4 years ago

Ok, thank you. I think my client is going to insist on unique reply-to-address but just for future reference how would i set up a personalized signature. You're talking about adding a new custom field to build the signature?

Diana Diana, 4 years ago

Yup! You'll want to have that information stored in each subscriber record and then use the personalization tag for that field in your campaign. You can have up to 250 characters in a custom field and you can use those to include text, links, images...really all sorts of things. We have a bit more information about some cool ways to use custom fields and personalization here.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098