Add custome fields to signup form that display in contact list

Hi,
I'm trying to add first name, last name, email address and verify email address to sign up form. I'm sending a welcome letter to my new members using the auto responder.  I need to make sure both email addresses match because I'll be sending login details to the email address on the signup form.

My welcome letter will have the first name of the new member in the letter. It reads Welcome first name.

What can I add to the signup form so this will work.  All new signups will be added to my contact lists and welcome letter is sent.

I tried to do this and  I got invalid email address error for verified email address field.  No first or last name appeared on my contact list when I removed the verified email input.  I need to keep the verify email address and the first and last name.  I know I can use Name, but I need first and last name fields.  I added these custom fields to the subscribe form already. I want the first and last name to display on my contact list so the first name will appear in my Welcome letter.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

What can I add to the signup form so this will work.  All new signups will be added to my contact lists and welcome letter is sent.

For the verification, you will need to create a small script on your page, that ensures that the two email address fields match, prior to submitting the form. For example, you can create an alert that tells the user if email address /= verify email address.

As for firstname and lastname, nothing needs to be done in this case - the app collects both in the default Name: field and determines the first and last name automatically. In your email, you simply need to use our template tags for personalization, like so:

Welcome, [firstname,fallback=new customer]!

I tried to do this and  I got invalid email address error for verified email address field.

Sorry, we'd have to see what you're trying to submit here -  there's a good chance you're getting this error because you are submitting a blank field. The 'verified' field presumably should be the same as the default email address field we supply in our subscribe form code.

If you are concerned about only adding valid email addresses to your list, may I suggest changing your list settings to confirmed opt-in? A verification letter will then be sent to the subscriber's email address, asking them to confirm their subscription. It also is a solid way to protect your list from form spam.

Thanks starfire - let us know if you have any questions about this process.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098