Custom Domain Name won't work inside MS domain

For some reasons, we have difficulties to access our custom domain name from our building This is because our Miscrosoft domain and our website domain have the same name. So when we create a subdomain, we need to inform Windows server with an IP otherwise we can't access the custom domain name.

For instance :
www.mydomain.com need to tell Windows which IP is the webserver
uk.mydomain.com need to tell Windowswhich IP is the webserver

So now that the custom domain is set up and working correctly, is there an IP address that I could enter on the  windows service in order to make it work from our desk ? The custom domaine name is email.mydomain.com and an an IP address could be very usefull in order to fix our little MS mess. It is very frustrating that it works fine from everywhere but our little suburb office.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Paris,
Jean-Baptiste

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Jean-Baptiste, many thanks for explaining this situation in detail - I can understand how frustrating this must be! If you haven't already, could you kindly contact our team with these details - we may have to talk to our tech team, but we'll do our best to supply you with the details you're after here. Thank you for hanging in there!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
digital, 4 years ago

Thanks for your answer. The support team said the IP change very frequently so they  basically gave me a good advise : use the custom domain name outside the office and the *.createsend.com inside. It is not great, but I suppose it will do the math until we retired our old windows 2000 pro server.

Visit North East Paris :
St-Denis Basilica | Air & Space Museum | St-Ouen Flea Market | Stade de France

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098