Cannot Login, Scheduled Campaign Not Sent

I noticed that my client's campaign was not sent this morning, and when I went to login, I could not, it just keeps going back to the login form wo/ any message. I clicked the "Help" menu option, and got a nasty .NET error thread. What's up?

jamescrossett jamescrossett, 8 years ago

Yes, i can't login either.
The url shows an ferror... http://app.campaignmonitor.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2ferror.aspx after trying to login. And shoots you back to the login screen.

sahar, 8 years ago

same here :( need to send a campaign

kind regards
Sahar
www.MercyMankind.org
UK

AldMoore, 8 years ago

Misery loves company.  I'm having the same problem.  I'm not able to log in and cannot send my campaign. I have some time-sensitive e-mails that must go out ASAP.  Please provide us with an estimated time for tis problem to be resolved.

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Everyone. Our apologies about the issue. We are currently experiencing some server difficulties and we're working as quickly as possible to get everything back and running.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
goldenfold, 8 years ago

Same problem. I'm still testing things out - hopefully this won't happen once I actually start using the service for my clients.

Golden Fold Branding
info@goldenfold.com

sahar, 8 years ago

GoldenFold, I've used them since August and I like them. Technical glitches are expected sometimes, and this is the first time i've noticed it here, but I will still use them for various reasons :)

kind regards
Sahar
www.MercyMankind.org
UK

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

Same as well. Nothing is working and I need to run a campaign ASAP.
Hope this is fixed ASAP!

Thanx for the great service, in any case.
Keep it up.

Dimitris

sahar, 8 years ago

ps I like that surf wave on your website - as you can see , Im really busy :)

Enviropaedia, 8 years ago

with due respect - first problem i have ever had with Campaign Monitor.

that said, any sign of a time frame so we can let our clients know???

thanks

kim

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Kim,

I'm afraid we don't have a timeline at this moment. The servers are back up, but we're still working on getting the databases back up as well.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
sahar, 8 years ago

Hi dpotter, when its back up , would you be kind enough to post a note here for our benefit, many thanks in advance.

brad, 8 years ago

It's rapidly approaching end-of-play here in the UK - any chance that you could let me know whether it's worth sticking around (i.e. site will be working within the next 45 mins or so) or whether I should tell the client that their campaign goes tomorow. I'm tired and hungry and I want to go home :(

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for being so understanding at this time. Brad, we don't have an ETA right now I'm afraid, and don't want to post anything until we're 100% positive we'll be back on then. As soon as we do though, I'll be updating this thread immediately.

Right now I can tell you that power issues hit a bunch of our servers, including the database servers. The main servers came back up correctly, but we're having problems with the database servers and are in the process of bringing them back online now. That's all I can say right now, but a further update won't be far off.

Thanks again for your patience.

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

sahar, of course. As soon as things are resolved we'll let you all know.

brad, I'm afraid I can't make any promises on timing. We are actively working on it, but there isn't an ETA right now. We are hoping that it won't take that long though.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Diana Diana, 8 years ago

I guess Dave already answered :). That's what happens when you get distracted while typing.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Dave Dave, 8 years ago

We're back!

Thanks so much for your patience everyone, Campaign Monitor is back online and you're free to log into your accounts and send campaigns. We're now looking into exactly how this might have happened and what we can do to ensure we can avoid an outage like this moving forward.

I'll post more details here soon, but in the mean time, feel free to log in to your account.

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

I suppose that it's normal to see long times of sending, right?
I have a campaign send to 900 people and it takes forever.

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

We stopped all campaigns from being sent as soon as we saw the potential problem, and didn't start them sending again until we were completely happy that the issue has been resolved.

Because of this there is a slight delay in campaigns, but that should only last for the next 30 mins or so.

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

Any updates on the root cause of this outage?

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

We're still waiting for the full report from the team at the datacenter, but we do know this was a power issue. For some reason the power distribution unit that connects a number of our servers went out. We were able to power up these servers quite quickly, but there were some hardware problems resulting from the sudden reboot on the database servers that took a while to resolve.

Once these hardware issues were resolved, everything was back up and running.

We're extremely sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you, and we'll be working very closely with the datacenter team to figure out the single point of failure that led to this downtime, and making this redundant so no matter how unlikely it is that this might happen again, it won't affect you guys.

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

Thank you for the transparency and the honest way you treat us.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098