Outlook 2007 Issues

Hi everyone -

I have created a new html email for a client and have tested it through Litmus. I am getting it to look correct in all test, except with Outlook 2007. I would like to fix this, but fear making changes to make it fit in 2007 will break it in other email clients.

Is there anyone who would be willing to look this over for me and help me try to solve the problem(s). If at all possible, I am available all day via IM.

I appreciate the help anyone can provide.

Look forward to talking with you -
Jayson

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Jayson. If you'd post your code we'd be happy to take a look.

With Outlook 2007 you generally have 2 options. You can either allow it to gracefully degrade or rework your design to work in Outlook. Outlook has pretty bad CSS support so you're generally relegated to using tables and other non-standards compliant code in getting things to work. Thankfully, that doesn't generally have an averse affect on other email clients because they'll support the retro (circa late 90s early 2000) code that works best in Outlook.

It really depends on how things are breaking though. If it's relatively minor you might be able to tweak the code to preserve standards without breaking too horribly in Outlook.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
jayson_co, 8 years ago

removed

gtcaz gtcaz, 8 years ago

I have the same problem, I think. I fixed it by sending only HTML, but now the app requires a text version. My clients are POd, and I don't have Outlook to test with.  The CM testing service shows everything to be OK.

It seems to me adding the plain-text version is the culprit.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Adding a text version should not make any difference to the HTML rendering - even when you were selecting 'HTML Only' in the past, we were still adding a minimal plain text version automatically, so nothing has really changed.

If you provide a bit more detail about the problem you were actually seeing, we can try to help you out.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
gtcaz gtcaz, 8 years ago

Thanks: I'll start a new thread once I get more feedback from the client/recipients as to exact version and so on. Man, browser quirks are nothing compared to email clients!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098