Unconfirmed subscribers

Hello everybody.

I have a question. I added a subscriber through the API. I see that this is an uncofirmed subscriber. Why is that? How can I make this subscriber an active one through the API? Isn't tha automatic?

Thank you,
Dimitris

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

Also, if i try to manually change the state (on the details of the subscriber) the drop down is missing.

Thanx
D

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Dimitris,
first thought that hit me is, are you using a double opt-in process? I think that's the only way a subscriber should be unconfirmed (until he clicks the verification link he receives by email).

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
liquidmagic, 8 years ago

Hmmmm, I am using a double opt-in method when adding subscribers on the client's website. However, I added a subscription form on the administration interface of the website so that the client can add new emails without having to contact me. Those emails do not have to be confirmed. So, they should be added automatically. Is there a way to do this?

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Single/double opt-in is set per list, so you could just make a new list for those that don't need to be confirmed.

Stig

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

I can't do that. The client must have the ability to remove people from both lists. How would I do that? When using the unsubscribe form I should check the email on both lists and remove it from both? There must be a more efficient way to do it.

I wouldn't have a problem to manually change the status of the unconfirmed member but this option is not there. Probably because I have the double opt-in option selected.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

This can be set on the Unsubscribe Options page.
Under "When someone unsubscribes from this list...", select "Unsubscribe them from all of this client's lists (recommended)".

Stig

liquidmagic, 8 years ago

So, I guess I only have to send a campaign to both lists (if I do what you suggest).

Is it certain that when removing from the API the thing you are saying applies?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098