Preventing an auto-responder from going out to a specific email

Hi Guys,

We're thinking of doing a microsite to promote one of our services. As part of this microsite, we're going to have a 'sign up to our newsletter to be kept abreast of everything that makes us awesome'.

I want to add an auto-responder to that list, but here's the thing, if you're an existing client - I don't want you to get the emails as it will contain some very special offers to try and get you on-board !

I have a database of all of my existing client email addresses. If I load these into the list first, then add the auto-responder, and then they come onto the website and fill in the form - will it prevent them from getting the auto-responder?

Thanks guys.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi kas2, you're correct - if a subscriber has already been added to your list and they try to resubscribe, they won't be sent an 'on signup' autoresponder. Thankfully it's fairly simple to test, if you'd like to be certain :) The best approach is to add your existing client email addresses to the list (assuming that you have permission to email them) and run from there. All the best!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free