Ajax submission Messages

Is there some kind of overview available of all the possible Ajax callback  messages(data.Message), so i can see what translations need to be done for using it in my dutch website?

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi niceguys,

It's a good question. We've been reluctant to go public with those responses, because we reserve the right to change the precise text used these messages. As they stand at the moment, we have the following:

Success Messages (Status = 200)
* Your subscription has been confirmed. You've been added to our list and will hear from us soon.
* You've just been sent an email to confirm your email address. Please click on the link in this email to confirm your subscription.

The difference between these two messages is determined by whether or not your list is a double opt-in, so you can display whatever message you prefer.

Failure Messages (Status = 400)
* Invalid callback. Callback value may only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.
* This subscribe form requires that you fill in a CAPTCHA to be added to the list.
* Sorry, but the email address you supplied was invalid and needs to be fixed before you can subscribe to this list.

Of these messages, but of the first two error conditions should be discovered during form setup and testing, so once the form is setup and operating the only real reason for failure is an invalid email address.

niceguys, 4 years ago

Thanx Phil!

Safest way for now seems to be holding on to the error codes.
Maybe it`s an idea to specify these, like 401-> invalid callback, 402->captcha, so you`ll still have the possibilities to change the text, but developers sort of know what`s going wrong.

For now, i`ll keep it boolean :)

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi niceguys,

Yep, the boolean case is pretty safe since the only person likely to be seeing the different messages is the person who sets up and tests the form, unless list configuration changes in the application.

But i can see how splitting the status codes might be nice, so i've created a feature request. If enough people clamour for this we'll definitely consider it for a future version.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098