Best Time and Day of Week to Send Emails

What day of week and time would result in the most reads?

Alex I., 4 years ago

This depends totally on the audience of your email. Is it mainly B2B or is it a consumer product, etc?

Cheers,
Alex.

jaredycahill, 4 years ago

B2B

Alex I., 4 years ago

Hi Jared.

Personally, I like to opt for a send time of between 10am and 1pm on Tuesday to Thursday.

Why I opt for a 10am? Assuming most people start work around 9am if they receive a B2B email first thing in the morning they're likely to ignore it as they are setting themselves up for the day ahead. On the flip side of that, sending after around 1pm with a large send to list will mean some people on the list may not receive the email until 4-5pm when they are finishing for the day or preparing the next day.

Why I opt for Tuesday to Thursday? On a Monday, people will need to catch up from the weekend. Once again, on the flip side, on a Friday people are winding down their week.

These are just personal opinions.

My best advice to you would be to send a few and monitor your click through rates for each!

Hope this helped!

Cheers,
Alex.

jaredycahill, 4 years ago

Great Help!  Many thanks.

Alex I., 4 years ago

Glad to be of assistance! Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Alex.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

As a bit of a counterpoint, we looked into this question on our blog, not so long ago. I'd love to hear your opinions on this :D

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Y7NcIz09p2N4ZULh, 4 years ago

Suggestion for CM:

Have a 'heat bar' that is displayed on the 'scheduled send' page that shows, based on historical data, when recipients most often open their messages ....might be helpful in determining the best 'when to send' time specific to an individual mailing list.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098