Function box-shadow does not work in Outlook 07 and 10 and IE9

Does anyone know the solution for shadows that appear as images in Outlook 07, 10 and IE9?
I found on a forum an indication but that does not work. Is it because I put this code directly into the html code? :

. shadowed {
     box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px # 888; / * Modern * /
         progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.DropShadow (color = # 969696, offx = 1, offy = 1)
         progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.DropShadow (color = # C2C2C2, offx = 1, offy = 1)
         progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.DropShadow (color = # EFEFEF, offx = 1, offy = 1) / * IE * /

Note: IE9 when modifying the compatibility view, it works.

Thank you in advance!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi charliebist, it's very likely that the IE-specific code won't be inlined and therefore, won't be put to use in many webmail clients viewed in IE9. In theory, simply box-shadow should work in IE9. However to be safe, I'd use:

#example1 {
-moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888;
-webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888;
box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888;

Note that there's still limited support for CSS3 in webmail email clients, so don't be surprised if box-shadow doesn't render in many of them. All the best with your campaign!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free