Problems with my first client campaign! Help appreciated

OK so I set up my first campaign for a client.

1.  Setup the list/Uploaded Contacts
2.  Setup the form
3.  Used custom HTML template from TF
4.  Did a spam test, all checked out

Here's my problem:

1.  Sent the campaign and then realized I chose the wrong template (half customized one:-(  embarrassing...
2.  Once I realize it's the wrong template as my client immediately asks!  Template in email was different than what I had sent him for approval.  Stock images and the whole shebang
3.  I immediately go in to change the template
4.  I do a preview and I get a big fat red screen with an warning message!  Basically a phishing warning like you get when you are about to click into a hacked website

I'm new to CM.  Came from Aweber but from what i can tell and what I've read in the help docs, my private label domain and my clients email address are different and this is triggering an alert of some kind?  I did use my clients domain email though, no gmail or free services since I had read thats a big no no.

If anyone can hit me up that would be awesome!  Willing to even pay to help me fix this embarrassment and help me understand what I did wrong to make sure it doesn't happen again.

JD JD, 4 years ago

I believe one of my colleagues answered you through the support request, however, it looks like you might not have receive the latest response. Just in case, I thought I'd comment here as well. For 1 & 2, we looked through the activity logs in your account and it appears there might have been a simple mistake of choosing which draft to send/schedule. Is this a possibility? There are more details in the ticket that show those logs.

For 3 & 4, there looks to be a problem with the secure https: and non-secure http: in the link used for previewing that campaign. Its not clear how the secure link was generated, so we'd just need those details to help trouble-shoot that portion. Can you respond to the request ticket sent today? If you are not receiving it, please let us know here. Thanks!

Campaign Monitor Support

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free