Maximum no. requests

I'm currently planning a script which will update an additional field on our subscribers from an external database with around 200,000 entries but need to cross-check each.

Is there any limit on the no. requests we can push to the API during a period of time etc which is likely to pose a problem here?

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi infotex,

The only limit in that sense is the one which will be imposed by network performance. 200,000 individual checks and updates will take a very long time. You can reduce that considerably by batching your subscribers. Rather than cross-checking them and then updating them each individually, you could consider getting a batch of 1000 active subscribers, cross check them all, and then update that whole batch in one call.

Apologies if i haven't correctly understood your use case, but if i have then going that will reduce the total number of calls and dramatically increase the speed of your update script.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free