Repeaters Within Repeaters (within repeaters)?

Is it possible to place series of repeaters within repeaters? If so, is there a limit to the number of cascading levels one could hypothetically go?

Kind Regards,

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hello, it's not possible to nest repeaters at this stage, I'm sorry to say. Is it something you would like me to add a vote for internally for you?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
dedra dedra, 4 years ago

I do not understand why are solved nest repeaters? Repeater is as block within which layouts (individual items) can be repeated. When I insert an layout, then I can move it to appropriate position within page (within repeater block). I can have one repeater for header section (as salutation and for example logo and info for VIP etc.), one repeater for page content and one edit section for signature. I think that's enough.

Y7NcIz09p2N4ZULh, 4 years ago

Absolutely, I'd love to see nested repeaters! *mind exploding at possibilities*

Debra: repeaters can act as 'selectors' as well. It would be great to be able to have one top-level selector (repeater) with a full-width layout, 50-50%, 25-75%, 75-25%, 33-33-33% layout, etc. Then within that repeater block would be further repeaters for additional attributes such as picture w/ text aligned left-right, etc used traditionally how repeaters are generally used within CM.

Imagine if you want a picture aligned left with a variety of image sizes available as repeaters. Currently, you'd have to build a repeater block with *every* single one of these variations. It would be more user friendly to nest the repeaters with all the picture size variation repeaters within a general 'image left' repeater.

Alternatively, CM could allow for user-defined image resizing. It would also be great if there were a special tag that allowed users to upload pictures where ever they choose using the WYSIWYG editor. Mailchimp allows this. Sometimes it would be nice to allow my clients more control when inserting images like MailChimp.

It also might be useful to have repeaters be available as drag-and-drop items available from a toolbar on the right.

It also would be great to build repeaters as separate entities (modules) outside of the template that can be made available alongside templates ...akin to separating the template (style) from the variables (layout). It would save a lot of time if templates needed only a few basic <insertmoduletypehere></insertmoduletypehere> tags and the repeaters (maybe renamed to modules ..that contain repeater elements) can be reused and uploaded separately.

Also, when are we going to be able to share templates with clients from the admin account? ....killing me with the redundant work.

Thanks for the awesome work CM. Can't wait to see what comes next!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Y7NcIz09p2N4ZULh, some great comments here. Categorising layouts by repeater is one way to solve the issue of having multiple layouts of the same type, but I'm also thinking that the shortcoming is with how we organize layouts. We'd be happy to look into this in time, as I know you're not the only one that would like to have this better organized!

Inline images and greater flexibility with tasks like resizing is also one for the list. We're currently looking at a few options, so I'll keep you posted on this one.

Good that you brought up drag-and-drop layout options too, as this was a popular request a while back, but has been quiet as of late. Will definitely give this a bump.

And yes, sharing templates! While there are services like Artesano which allow you to 'push' templates to client accounts, it's well worth us looking into this ourselves.

Thanking you for the awesome feedback! I'll keep you posted on this one :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free