Malicious content listing on ThreatTrack

My client uses Campaign monitor to send out emails, they have sent me this email...

I am contacting you as our webscanning software has received an update that the web site *.createsend1.com has been listed as containing malicious web threats.

We would have to stop scanning content to allow use of this site to store 'remote images'. This may leave us open to whatever content has been reported on this site.

Just wondered if anyone was aware of this type of problem, it may be common as I imagine the CM system is open to abuse. Any comment most welcome as I attempt to formulate a response to my client.

Carissa Carissa, 4 years ago

Yikes! That's not good, dhdesign. Would you mind emailing support so that we can get details from you about the listing with Threattrack?

Carissa
Campaign Monitor
miranda99, 4 years ago

Did you get to the bottom of this issue?  We appear to be experiencing some deliverability issues and I'm wondering if this has anything to do it with it.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Carissa Carissa, 4 years ago

Hi miranda99,

I'm sorry to hear you are having deliverability issues. The reported Threattrack issue was related to a false positive in PhishTank which has since been cleared. We aren't experiencing deliverability issues overall right now, so if you can send information in to support we'd be happy to help.

Carissa
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098