Send custom email with PHP through CampaignMonitor to a specific list?

I want to do this like you can in SendGrid. I want to send a custom email with PHP through Campaign Monitor to a specific list. Is this possible?

http://docs.sendgrid.com/documentation/api/

Send Email

There are three different technical concepts you should know about SendGrid related to sending email:
SMTP

This is a protocol rather than an API. SMTP is widely supported by applications and usually the fastest way to integrate with SendGrid. For more information on how to integrate it click here.
REST Email API

If SMTP is not used, we also offer a simple REST API to send email. For information click here.
SMTPAPI

This is an API that allows you to tag your emails to get detail statistics on each tag, send multiple customized emails in one request via mail merge, and configure each app on a
per email basis. This is done by passing a JSON string in the X-SMTPAPI header if using SMTP or in the x-smtpapi HTTP parameter if using the REST Email API. For information click here.

sunnrunner, 4 years ago

I take it this means I should use SendGrid from now on?

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi sunnrunner,

Apologies for the delay in replying; both Friday and Monday were public holidays in Australia.

You can certainly create and send campaigns via the campaign monitor API.

We have also created a PHP wrapper for the API, which has sample code available for all routes, including how to create and send a campaign.

I'm not sure what the particular requirements of your custom email might be, but i would suggest familiarizing yourself with the API documentation and make sure you're aware of the different options for personalising and customising your email content in Campaign Monitor.

Hope that helps,
Phil

sunnrunner, 4 years ago

I did see all of that. It is seems like overkill for what I need. I just want to use Campaign Monitor's smtp server to send from a list within CM.

obviously shortened but, not by much for doing this in SendGrid.

$html = 'MY HTML FOR MY EMAIL';
$campaign_monitor->send($html, 'some list in campaign monitor');

Please let me know if there is a way to do this without creating campaigns etc...

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098