Outlook is cutting off my email

I've created the following email: http://www.juliausher.com/newsletter/sugar_buzz_spring_2012_test_2 and have imported it into CM. It imports fine and it sends fine. It renders correctly in OS X Mail. In Outlook 2010, however, it just cuts off abruptly about 3/4s of the way down the email. Is there a hard limit for how long an email Outlook will display? I've tried different content and it always cuts off at about the same pixel height.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

davidaf davidaf, 4 years ago

Hi Gennaria,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I did test with your code and found that if I removed the conditional comments, then Outlook no longer cuts off the email, so there's something about the conditional comment code that's causing the problem.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
gennaria, 4 years ago

The conditional comments are there to get the background image to work in Outlook. Looks like a classic catch-22.

Carissa Carissa, 4 years ago

Hi gennaria,

It may just be that you have a setting in Outlook which is keeping the entire message from being downloaded. Unlike what you and Davida saw in your testing, I can see the entire message in my setup of Outlook 2010 just fine. This article from the Outlook 2010 forums might help you spot that setting.

Certainly some of your recipients will have the setting turned on as well, so I'd recommend cutting down the length of your email if at all possible.

Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free