Font size error in Outlook

Hello everyone,

I write my own HTML emails using Dreamweaver and everything looks fine on it. Im not an experienced HTML Emailer but Ive been through the main do's and dont's.

The thing now is, when I upload the file here on Campaign Monitor and send it to me as test, when I open it using outlook, the font sizes are smaller which makes the whole thing look weird...

Can anyone help me? I uploaded the email so everyone can see the coding (its in portuguese)

Thank you,

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Tiê, the great news is your code is fine - it's just a matter of how Outlook interprets it. As it is, the Lucida Grande font you use has rather condensed characters and tight kerning, which doesn't make it easily readable in Outlook. You can't turn on anti-aliasing, either. If you use a more 'spaced-out' font like Verdana, you'll find that your message is a lot more readable at 12px.

Alternately, you can up the font-size on all your 12px text to 13px. :)

Thanks, Tiê! I'm sorry there isn't a better way to make text more consistent across email clients, but hope these tips help. :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
reos_saopaulo, 4 years ago

Thank you very much Rosanne, it's really crappy how there isn't an actual fix for that... :(
Anyways, thank you... mate? Haha...

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hah, thanks Tiê! Happy to help out anytime :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free