Use the API to set a World View Location

It appears that Worldview is populated purely from IP address location data at the moment.

Using the API I'm frequently adding subscribers for whom I have full address details, but of course there's no Worldview record showing for them.

If I create fields for Country, Postcode, Region is the system smart enough to use that data in place of the worldview data? Or is there any other way I can pass geo data through?

It would be great to ultimately see smart segment rules based on geo-data and a good way of accessing/correcting Wordview geo-data estimates through the API.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi benz, at present there isn't a way to use geo-data to segment your campaigns, or influence worldview, I'm sorry to say. It's certainly something we've looked at doing, so I'll happily add your vote for this. Making this data available via the API would be a huge treat, too!

Thank you so much for your input here - I'll let you know if this is something we make real in the app in the future.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
JD JD, 2 years ago

Hi benz! I just wanted to let you know that today we've released a feature that allows you to segment lists according to the location of your subscribers!

Check out our blog post for more details:

and if you'd like to dive right in we have a comprehensive help topic here:

Thanks for your suggestions!

Campaign Monitor Support

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free