Your API sucks

It really sucks.
I can't get all the data I want.
for example, I want all the email addresses which open the email campaign uniquely .
also, the data retuned from API is just not enough, for example, the recipients, I need their names.

It's good that you can get all the report data like when you login in to your websites like the Link Activity & Overlay page.

Also it would be good if you can group your campaigns and lists and let different people only can access their groups. I know you can set up clients,  but clients are different with groups.  and you charge each client a monthly fee if I choose to pay monthly.

lufumin1832, 4 years ago

it is really stupid!!!
what's the point every click, open, unsubscribed action is a individual record in return data, can't you group them by email?????

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi lufumin1832,

Different people want their data grouped and presented in different ways. The fact that it's not automatically available in the format you want does not make it "suck". Nor does it make it "stupid".

Opens can be ordered by many things - the default is in fact 'date', but 'email' is an option. Grouping by email would make sense only if ordering by email, and would make for a different return data structure in that one case. Doing that would both "suck" and be "stupid".

It's possible that you have a sensible feature request. Perhaps if you phrase it politely and constructively we'll give due consideration.

lufumin1832, 4 years ago

as a customer and a developer, I don't care what other people need.
as a provider, you should provide the full API.

you can't say because people need different things, so you only provide these.

first all, what you provide is not enough(examples as above).
secondly, the data structure you provide is 'stupid'! just asked you question,how can I group  the data  returned, and paginate them???  there is no way!!!

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

lufumin1832, my primary suggestion is that you find a more respectful way to communicate.

In terms of your problem, the most sensible approach is to order and paginate by email using the existing route parameters, and do the grouping in your own code.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

lufumin1832, I'd like to remind you that these forums are moderated and we won't tolerate bad behavior towards our staff and other members of our community. We are happy to accept feature requests and provide suggestions, as long as you express yourself with a little more respect towards fellow developers.

Any further unconstructive posts will be removed from this thread.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
lufumin1832, 4 years ago

I am not try to be offensive to someone.
I am just disappointed  about your API.  that's all!!  All What I am saying is about your API.
your API doesn't  have my respect!

just answer the pagination thing. like you said, I group them in my code, How do do the pagination? fox example, if the first API call, I get 10 rows data, after grouping I get 5 rows, second API call I get 10 rows data, after grouping  I get 3 rows data. can I show 5 rows on first page , and show  3 rows on the second page??

anyway, thanks guys.
sorry for let u feel  I am offensive and impolite.
but I have to tell u, you have to use your product to win peoples respect.

lufumin1832 :

I am not try to be offensive to someone.
I am just disappointed  about your API.  that's all!!  All What I am saying is about your API.
your API doesn't  have my respect!

just answer the pagination thing. like you said, I group them in my code, How do do the pagination? fox example, if the first API call, I get 10 rows data, after grouping I get 5 rows, second API call I get 10 rows data, after grouping  I get 3 rows data. can I show 5 rows on first page , and show  3 rows on the second page??

anyway, thanks guys.
sorry for let u feel  I am offensive and impolite.
but I have to tell u, you have to use your product to win peoples respect.

Dude, learn to express yourself clearly and rationally before getting belligerent in the forums.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098