Provide Unsubscribe options to subscriber

As well as providing an Unsubscribe Instantly (from all lists) link, I'd like to be able to provide an Unsubscribe List link. Is there a way of doing this?

I'm happy to create a page on my site which enables the subscriber to manage their list settings. However as far as I can tell the only way to link to it in the email would be to pass the email address in the querystring, which would create privacy issues.

Alternatively it looks like you can link to the Preference Center, but that only seems to support Custom Fields. Would a viable approach be to collapse the lists into a single list split by segments, mapping custom field values onto segments, and then ensuring those were populated in sign-up forms?

Thanks,
David

Stephen, 4 years ago

Hi David,

Many thanks for your question here and yes, at present the Preference Center is custom field-based, rather than list-based, so to utilise this, you would just need to combine your lists here and then segment it accordingly - based on a 'publications' or 'receiving options' styled custom field (such as the 'interested in' example here) - so when subscribers click through to the Preference Center, they're able to choose which newsletters they'd like to receive.

In addition however, it is possible to change a list's unsubscription settings, so instead of an individual being removed from all lists in your account when they click the unsubscribe link, they're only unsubscribed from the list you send your campaign to, but will remain active in all others.

To change a list's settings, simply click through to a list, then select the 'Unsubscribe settings' link on the right-hand side of the page. The default option is "Unsubscribe them from all of this client's lists (recommended)", however you're able to change this to "Only unsubscribe them from this list" instead.

I hope that helps.

david.public, 4 years ago

Thanks Stephen,

We do still want to support global unsubscribe, so I wouldn't want to change the unsubscribe settings.

I've had a go and using segments looks a viable approach.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098