Automatic Segmenting

Hi
I'm fairly new to CM and currently integrating it into my CRM system using the API.

I have a custom field that contains one of N strings. I would like to be able to create N segments based on the value in the field. This is one of those things that I just assumed CM would do when I first read about segmenting and I'm surprised to find it doesn't now that I'm trying to make it all work. I could understand if using a lookup was required, and so you could auto-segment with one segment per lookup value, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Please can you tell me if I've missed something, or if I need to manually create each segment using the API.

Thanks

Mike

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately i can confirm that you haven't missed anything. We don't have an auto-segmenting feature like that, so you'll need to create the segments via the API.

Let me know if you need any help with getting that going.
Phil

mhudson99, 4 years ago

Hi Phil

I've got it working in my script now, so I can automatically create one segment for each unique value in my custom field.

Cheers, Mike.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098