ISP email Volume Limits?

I've read a lot about ISP's having a limit to the amount of emails(volume) you can send to their system in a given day. But no one seems to know what those limits are. I've read that AOL maxes out at 1,000 emails per day before they mark you (the sender) as spam.

So my question is, what is the max amount of emails you can send per day for some of the biggest email providers when you are whitelisted? AOL, Gmail, Yahoo etc.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi bradley_j_yeah!, many thanks for getting in touch! Admittedly, these limits are a closely-guarded secret - if the ISPs above published them, then the bad guys would do their best to send volumes just shy of them.

When sending via an ESP like Campaign Monitor, things are a little different. For one, we have partnerships with deliverability companies like Return Path to ensure we maintain an excellent sender reputation. Secondly, our team send from a range of IP addresses to prevent issues that can occur from sending large volumes of email from a single mail server. So it isn't likely that sending a lot of emails to Gmail recipients via the app will result in deliverability issues, unless there's something wrong with the campaign content, or the email gets marked as spam by a significant number of recipients.

I hope that helps you with your question here - let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free