Total novice needs API help!

I'm totally new to the API thingy but i am usually very quick to learn. ;)

I need to import a bulk list of subscribers using the API in order for it to trigger an autoresponder (the autoresponder is not triggered when using CM's file import)

Can somebody walk me through the process of doing this? I see templates and wrappers and things on here but i've no idea what to do with them. As soon as I see the process i'm sure it'll make perfect sense but for now I just don't know where to start.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi seanok, what you're describing here is a task suited to an intermediate-level developer. If you've had little to no programming experience but are keen to give it a try, I can recommend Codeacademy's 'Learn to code' courses. That said, Codeacademy provides very basic lessons and will not necessarily equip you to use our wrappers and samples off the bat. I'm very sorry about this, but for many of us here, it's taken months, if not years of work and study to take on API programming tasks.

For those without the time or know-how to use our API, I can highly recommend posting a job description in this forum. We're happy to find an experienced developer, who can most likely create a nice interface for importing subscribers via the API. Thanks, Sean! Let us know how you go.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free