Match contact info

Hi CM mates,

congratulations for the new forum, it's quite nice!

My question today is about duplicated contacts. I mean, I have the same person in different subscriber lists, and with different emails.

I could eliminate the oldest, but, I'd like to keep all the information generated by him, I mean his interaction with old campaigns. So, I can't eliminate the oldest reference.

How can I add the old info to the new contact?

Thanks a lot!

Stig Stig, 4 years ago

Hey andreand, great to hear you're liking the redesigned forum!

Unfortunately, the recipient activity is list specific, meaning that unfortunately, it can't be transferred from a subscriber in one list to a subscriber with the same address in a different list.

Lists can only be merged manually by exporting one list and importing into the other manually, sorry.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
kas2, 4 years ago

Hi. Just to add to the above, I needed to merge 10 lists of contacts into one. I exported all 10 lists, and set them up as separate sheets in an excel document. I then added another "master" sheet - and put all of the contact details in there. I highlighted all matches - where there was a fname / lname - I manually deleted the duplicates without this info. I then used the "remove duplicates" feature in excel. On this master sheet, I added the a column for each of the 10 lists - and then did a vLookup in excel.

This allowed me to have a master list that was along the lines of:

Name / Email / List1 - yes / List2 - no / List3 yes / List4 no - etc.

I got help with vLookup from an IT company.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey kas2, thank you for sharing your experience here! I'm sure it's going to be very useful for others in this situation. Keep up the great work :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free