Match contact info

Hi CM mates,

congratulations for the new forum, it's quite nice!

My question today is about duplicated contacts. I mean, I have the same person in different subscriber lists, and with different emails.

I could eliminate the oldest, but, I'd like to keep all the information generated by him, I mean his interaction with old campaigns. So, I can't eliminate the oldest reference.

How can I add the old info to the new contact?

Thanks a lot!

Stig Stig, 5 years ago

Hey andreand, great to hear you're liking the redesigned forum!

Unfortunately, the recipient activity is list specific, meaning that unfortunately, it can't be transferred from a subscriber in one list to a subscriber with the same address in a different list.

Lists can only be merged manually by exporting one list and importing into the other manually, sorry.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
kas2, 5 years ago

Hi. Just to add to the above, I needed to merge 10 lists of contacts into one. I exported all 10 lists, and set them up as separate sheets in an excel document. I then added another "master" sheet - and put all of the contact details in there. I highlighted all matches - where there was a fname / lname - I manually deleted the duplicates without this info. I then used the "remove duplicates" feature in excel. On this master sheet, I added the a column for each of the 10 lists - and then did a vLookup in excel.

This allowed me to have a master list that was along the lines of:

Name / Email / List1 - yes / List2 - no / List3 yes / List4 no - etc.

I got help with vLookup from an IT company.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hey kas2, thank you for sharing your experience here! I'm sure it's going to be very useful for others in this situation. Keep up the great work :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free