How do I remove the automatic margin seen in the body of Outlook 2007?

When coding for Outlook 2007, how do you remove the border that is automatically put in around the entire body of the email?  I know it is possible as I've seen it done on newsletters from Campaign Monitor and MailChimp, but I'm having trouble figuring out how they did it. This is the code I'm attemping that is not working.   

<body style="width:100% !important; margin:0; padding:0;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0"  offset="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0">
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there ecoaster, there isn't a way to get rid of this margin using CSS, I'm sorry to say. You can potentially if you have a good grasp of VML (pretty certain this has been posted about in the forums), but the trick we've generally suggested is to use a background image/color to give the illusion of a borderless design. You can read about adding background images here.

Thanks, ecoaster - I hope that helps!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free