Sudden batch of spam blocking bounces

I have just sent out a campaign and 47 out of 715 were bounced due to being a "known spammer" apparently...!

I am not a spammer...!

I have checked my domains at Spamhaus as well as Campaign Monitor, Createsend and all of the relevant IP addresses. None are listed in the Spamhaus database.

What is going on?

Stig Stig, 4 years ago

Hey Graham,

Sorry to hear you're seeing an increase in bounces! It looks like this might have been related to a brief blacklisting of one of our IPs. If you can email us the campaign details, we'll look into it further.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
grahamjones grahamjones, 4 years ago

Thanks - I'll send the details. But interestingly, I sent an email (via Gmail) to the people who had been bounced, giving them the direct link to the web page version of the campaign. Several of those emails also bounced back, this time saying my email had an "infected attachment" (which it did not have...!). All of those bounce backs were from ClamAV. Don't know if that helps.

Stig Stig, 4 years ago

Thanks, that's interesting. We'll try to look into both issues when we receive the email.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098