Manual Recipients disappearing from campaign's Recipient List?

Hello There,
I am trying to set up several email campaigns today and this is the first time this odd issue has happened to me. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

I am adding recipients from multiple sources -- from existing subscriber lists as well as manually adding them in (yes, I made sure to import them in after I typed it in). What happens is, when I click "I'm done, return to the snapshot"...the manual recipients I've typed in is no longer on my campaign's recipient list.

I had to redo this process several times (and even send out a test email) to actually make the manual recipient list "stick" to my campaign.

I'm pretty familiar with the campaign process (been doing this for years) and just wondering if this is an odd bug. Thanks!

gpro gpro, 4 years ago

Does this happen as well with newly created subscribers lists?
Or even with a new campaign?
Does it happen as well if you try to import the same email addresses from a file?

I'm sure you checked the surpression list, haven't you?


- - -
Mathias (gpro)
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi totori, we haven't had any bugs like this reported on our end, so gpro is likely on the money here - it's worth checking if the subscribers you're manually entering are on your suppression list. If this isn't the case, by all means get in touch with our team with details and we'll gladly look into your account.


Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
totori totori, 4 years ago

I thought it was a fluke or I was going crazy, but this has happened again on a different email campaign with different manual subscribers.

and no, none of these users are on on my suppression list.

this issue seems to only occur when i'm adding subscribers from multiple sources (ie: enter manual entries and then go back to snapshot to add multiple subscriber lists). the manual entries seems to just "disappear" from the snapshot.

I suspect this has something to do with the "My recipients are from an existing subscriber list" vs "I will type in the recipients manually" radio buttons. It doesn't seem to allow for both sources of subscribers (manual and list) to be added together.
So if I add subscribers manually first > "import these recipients", then "i'm done return to snapshot", then go back to "add more recipients" from a "list"...the manual list I had entered earlier is gone from my snapshot.

Just seems odd that I've started experiencing it this week. The only way the "manual" recipient list will "stick" is if I save that process for last (add them last, after I already added the subscriber lists to the recipient list).

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there totori, this does throw light on the situation - thank you so much for filling us in. At present, the app will only import from one source at a time, ie. you can't paste in recipients manually, then import from a file at the same time. If you try importing from one source, then going back to the campaign snapshot before importing from the other, all should be well.

Sorry for the confusion we've caused here - I'll let the team know as it's something we could be more specific about. If you have bump into any more strangeness, be sure to let us know.


Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098