Subscriber reporting issues with Kapersky blocking links as phishing

A subscriber to one of my clients' newsletters is reporting that when clicking on links Kaspersky is blocking due to suspected phishing. I assume because CM is adding the tracking code and the link doesn't match the destination link.  Subscriber reports this has only become a problem this week.
Ps. The links in question are not the URLs spelled out they are text links with URL behind (whatever the tech term for this is is!).  Eg. Link is "East Glos Weather" and URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/gl53 .

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any comments or suggestions?

Carissa Carissa, 4 years ago

I'm really sorry for the scary warning and/or block your client's subscriber reported from their links. We have had other customers report this block by Kaspersky and we have already requested that our sending domains (which are present in your clients' links) be removed from their blacklist.

Sadly over the weekend a spammer set up an account with us and was able to send phishing campaigns before we realized what was happening and we able to close the account. We already have a lot of checks in our system for these types of spammers, but unfortunately they got through them and those campaigns caused the block with Kaspersky. We are looking into how to further improve our checks without also affecting our legitimate customers.

We've very sorry that this has affected your client's campaign and possibly hurt their trust in your (our) service. We expect it to be resolved in 24/48 hours, but it all depends on when Kaspersky decides to remove the listing, but rest assured we're doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please contact support if you have any specific questions in regards to your account.

Carissa
Campaign Monitor
expertiseontap.co.uk expertiseontap.co.uk, 4 years ago

Thanks for that Carissa, next newsletter for this client goes out Friday so will see what happens then.

Julian Wellings | Expertise on Tap 
Email Marketing | Video Marketing | Cheltenham UK
Follow me on Twitter
PrinterbaseKW, 4 years ago

Is this isolated to Kaspersky or could it also be effecting Trend Micro, as we're experiencing the same issues.

Is there any update as to when this may be resolved?

Thanks.

Carissa Carissa, 4 years ago

Hi PrinterbaseKW,

Yes, this is the same listing with Trend Micro, and we requested that our domain be delisted there as well. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer for that to happen, but sadly it's really not something we can control at this point.

Carissa
Campaign Monitor
expertiseontap.co.uk expertiseontap.co.uk, 4 years ago

It seems this issue is now resolved.
The latest weekly newsletter for this same client went out earlier. The subscriber who raised the issue last week tells me she was able to click successfully this week.

Julian Wellings | Expertise on Tap 
Email Marketing | Video Marketing | Cheltenham UK
Follow me on Twitter

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098