Making a background image editable in a template

Hello there,
I am currently working on building a template for a client who is unfamiliar with html and I have a background image in my template (I know this wont work in newer Outlooks). The problem I am running into is that I need the background images to be editable through the template editor, much like a regular image. I was wondering if there was a work around to this.
Thank you,

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there Kim, unfortunately it isn't possible to make background images editable, I'm sorry to say, unless you edit the source code of a multiline region in the template editor. Seeing as your client is unfamiliar with HTML, this is likely not an option. Still, it's one to keep in mind, in case you make template tweaks along the way.

I'll most certainly add your vote internally to make background images editable (eg. <td background="image.jpg" editable="true">), but we certainly can't make any promises on this one, given how unreliable this technique can be.

Thanks for your understanding, Kim - feel free to write in with suggestions anytime :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free