User by User List permissions

Hi,

It would be incredible to be able to extend the recent permissions system to allow certain people access to certain lists only.

We manage a site for a charity which has a central mailing list formed from various groups around the country. The main administrator would like to be able to send an email to all members - however we would like to only allow group leaders to send emails to their own groups or access their own lists.

I understand we could do this setting each group up as separate clients, but it means that each client would need to 'pay monthly' for each group, not to mention fragmented unsubscribe/subscribe functions.

I'm sure there are a tonne of other useful functions for person by person list permissions - just thought I'd share mine.

By the way - you guys are kind of a big deal, its awesome how you find the time to answer everyone.

thanks.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there venncreative, thank you so much for your great feedback and kind words! It's really a pleasure to respond to everyone, but especially folks like you that bring solid suggestions to the table :D

In your scenario, having permissions by list is a great idea, so please consider this request noted internally. We've had a few people bring this up since we launched team management, so it's certainly one for us to look into.

I understand in the interim that group leaders will have to coordinate things amongst themselves - sorry about that. Certainly, we'll keep you posted if we add permissions for specific lists in a future update.

Thanks again for your help here - keep the suggestions coming!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
venncreative, 4 years ago

Thanks very much for the reply!

venncreative, 2 years ago

HI

Thought I'd check in and see if this had got any further?

thanks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098