New subscribers to list. How do they get a campaign?

Hello!

I have a very basic question... I have created a subscribers list and sent a newsletter  campaign for the first time. People sign up manually through my website to the list, which means I manually add subscribers to my campaign list.

My question is: Until I send a new campaign, do I need to resend the first newsletter to each one of the new subscribers? Of course when I send a second newsletter, I will add the new subscribers to the primary list.

If I add a subscribe in the newsletter campaign through Campaign Monitor, will new subscribers automatically receive the newsletter already sent, or do I still need to resend to each one?

Thank you for clearing this up!!
Most grateful!!

Stephen, 4 years ago

Hey turisibbi,

Thanks for your question and yes, just to confirm, at present your new subscribers - which you're manually adding yourself - won't be sent your previously sent campaign unless you specifically choose to edit and resend the campaign yourself.

While we do have an autoresponder feature, subscription-based autoresponders are currently only triggered when an individual is added to your list via a subscribe form or via the API, but not when you add them manually to a list yourself.

You can also segment your list  and resend your original campaign to your subscribers in one go after a few days if you wish.

Thanks again and I hope that helps.

turisibbi, 4 years ago

Thank you very much!! I think this resolved my doubts :) Have a nice day!

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098