Styling 'Add New' list in Editor

Is it possible for me to add some styles into my template that will affect how the drop down list of articles appears when selecting 'Add New'?  I currently have about 20 different article types and in some instances the list is going below the bottom of the screen and the final few articles can't be chosen.  I'd like to be able to reduce the font size slightly and set the width so none of the article labels wrap onto two lines - is this possible?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Ali, it is possible to change the CSS styling of the drop-down 'Add New' menu to a limited degree, using CSS from within a template. We do 'hacks' like this very occasionally, for example, when attributes like align="left" unexpectedly change the position of this menu in the editor. It will all take a bit of trial and error, but you can experiment by using your browser's 'Code Inspector' (or similar) while in the editor, to view changes in real-time.

Here's a screenshot from me tinkering with the editor, just to give you an idea of what you're up against:

We've considered adding 'folders', or some better way to organize layouts in the editor, so i'll certainly add your vote for this and keep you posted. Sorry for not being better prepared here, but hopefully we'll have some good news for you soon.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Ali Ali, 4 years ago

Perfect! Worked a charm, thank you.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free