RSS to Email - functionality questions

Hello there,
I have been playing around with the RSS to email which promises to be a powerful tool.

A work with a number of schools where we use RSS for news feeds on their web sites and also use Campaign Monitor to handle their newsletter campaigns.

When testing the RSS to email features I have a few questions...

1.) Historically schools seem to send fortnightly newsletters (Maybe this culture is outdated and will change!). The recurring schedule options are currently
- every month
- every week
- every day

Any chance you could add every 2 weeks?

2.) What happens if a recurring schedule is in place but there are no updates to the RSS feed? (For example schools have long summer holidays with no news items...)

Phil Phil, 4 years ago

Hi Rosemay,

Excellent questions, which i'll try to address:

1. I've created a feature request for "every two weeks", which i can see would be very handy. Unfortunately i can't promise a timeframe though :(
2. This one's an easy one - if there's no updates since last send, we don't send the email :)

CampaignRose CampaignRose, 4 years ago

Thanks Phil!

robbro, 4 years ago

It would be nice if the recurrence was editable, so that it could be 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks etc.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there robbro, are you hoping to change the recurrence of an active autoresponder? If you could kindly clarify, I'll happily pass on your feedback to the team :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
ryanjbonnell, 3 years ago

Can I request a feature to have a one-time occurrence of an RSS to Email campaign?

Imagine a quarterly newsletter than gets sent out on a non-repeating schedule.

The current schedule doesn't lend itself to being that flexible on choosing specific dates.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there Ryan, of course you can make a feature request - thanks for this! However, it sounds like you can possibly achieve one-off RSS-to-email campaigns like you've described, using one-click content. Using this method, you'd basically send a regular campaign, but pre-fill it with articles from a blog. Let us know if this is roughly what you're after :)

We're also on Facebook:
Diastan, 3 years ago

RSS to email is a fantastic feature. Saved me lots of repetitive time. Now something that I want to know, are there any options to customise the number of feeds pulled from the blog? Currently it's 3 for me. But it would be great if I can pull more, say 5 or something?

Hi there Diastan, with RSS-to-email, the initial email sent will include the latest 3 articles. However, all emails after that will pull as many articles as were added in the time between emails being sent (eg. 1 day, 1 week etc). With one-click content, you can send pretty much as many or as few articles as you choose.

Thanks again and let us know if you have any questions about this :)

We're also on Facebook:
WimWerkschoen239 WimWerkschoen239, 3 years ago

I suppose that if here are no new RSS news items that no E-mail will be send.

Bedrijfskleding en werkkleding

That's absolutely correct, Wim :)

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free