Importing lists with custom fields (a list as a template)

It would be great to be able to import a list featuring all types of custom fields (and their options) before setting up the custom fields in CM.

At the moment if you do this the system will only create text, date and numeric fields. But not Multiple Options one.

I don't think it would be hard to implement.

You can ask the user during the import process whether a field is a Multiple Options one (can select one  or many) and create the options from the value in the list.

So if I have Lawrence, Option 1||Option 2||Option 3, and select Multiple Options (can select many) then the three options would be created in the system. If for the same field you select Multiple Options (can select only one) then the single option created would be Option 1||Option 2||Option 3.

Also, it would be great to have the option, during import, to create State and Country fields too.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hey there, thank you for this request, plus for providing these details, too. While we have a big subscriber import update coming up, I don't think we'll be adding the option to create new, multi-option custom fields on import just yet. I'll most certainly add your vote for this - as well as new State and Country fields - and hopefully we'll see this added at a later date.

Thanks for this great feedback and keep an eye open for the update! ;)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free