A Few Questions About Segmenting/Custom Fields.

Overall I've been loving campaign monitor, but I can't wrap my head around a few things. I'd really appreciate any help here.

I'm planning a webinar and I'll pull questions/example scenarios with problems I'm facing.

Example 1: Signing Them Up.

So I have an existing list that I'm promoting my webinar to. I want to have a campaign of 4-5 emails to get them to signup.

So, subscriber 1 doesn't signup to the webinar form on email 1, so I want him to receive email 2,3, etc until he signs up.

Subscriber 2 signs up on the first email. I'd like to move him to the "registered for webinar" list/segment and most importantly I don't want him to get the additional emails asking him to signup, since he already has.

Is there a way to automate this?

Example 2: Tracking/Segmenting Based On On-Site Activity.

This is something I used to do easily with Aweber. Using the webinar example...

Subscriber 1 is a no-show. I want a specific autoresponder series to go out to him.

Subscriber 2 shows, but leaves halfway through (I used to track this by popping hidden fields with aweber at 10 minute intervals). I want him to receive a different series of emails.

Subscriber 3 stays until the end, but doesn't buy. Again, custom email sequence.

I hope that clarifies what I'm trying to do.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Stig Stig, 3 years ago

Hi Scott,

Sorry about the late reply! If you or your developer can use our API for this, that will allow you to automate which subscribers receive which autoresponders.

On-signup autoresponders can only be sent to the full list, not to segments I'm afraid. So the way to "move someone" from one autoresponder to another, is to subscribe them to another list (with another autoresponder set up) using the same subscriber data, and unsubscribe them from the first list.

You can also keep them subscribed to multiple lists, to let them receive multiple autoresponder sequences in parallell.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free