Customised Unsubscribe page

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple solution on how to create a customised unsubscribe page that will allow you to unsubscribe from different lists. Will the solution require a high level understanding of coding?

Thanks,

Stig Stig, 3 years ago

Hi rb2013,

If you want to avoid having to use our API to build a custom page, I think including a Preference Center link in your emails might work for what you're looking to do?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
rb2013, 3 years ago

Thanks Stig for your reply, but i have probably not explained the sitation well enough, so to start again - I have set up a newsletter where subscribers can only unscubscribe from a specific list, however, i have noticed that the generic/default unsubscribe page, refers to unsubscribing from all communications rather than the specific list, which is somewhat misleading. We are looking at a simple solution that would address this message. I was hoping that there was a simple solution to this, or will it require a coder to create a custom page?

Stig Stig, 3 years ago

Hi rb2013,

Thanks for the follow up - I'm sorry that wasn't quite what you were after.

To help us provide a more helpful answer, would you be able to elaborate even further on how this will work?

If someone receives an email from you, and want to unsubscribe, how will they be able to opt out from all your mailing lists? Are you looking to use separate links for unsubscribing from one list or all lists?

Also just to confirm, is your question about customizing the content of the confirmation page people see after they've unsubscribed? Or about a different part of the unsubscribe process?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
rb2013, 3 years ago

Hi Stig,

Sorry for the confusion, as you can tell I’m new to campaign monitor.

On further testing I have noticed that the generic unsubscribe landing page (so the page a subscriber sees when they unsubscribe) has changed - not sure why. The initial unsubscribe landing page I saw had a 'you have successfully unsubscribed from all communications' type message and the option to re-subscribe. Having just sent out a test newsletter, this no longer seems to be the case and the message is more specific i.e. subscriber has successfully unsubscribed from the list, which resolves the issue I had with the unsubscribe page.

On another note, I have noticed the preference centre page has a bottom unsubscribe section which has a similar unsubscribe from all emails type message. I know that I can change the header and the main welcome message, can I also able to change the unsubscribe copy as well?

Thanks,

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi rb2013, sorry about the delayed response here. It isn't possible to change the copy on the preferences page at present, I'm sorry to say. This is one for us to consider into the future, so we'd be keen to look into this and let you know if the ability to change copy is something we add at a later date.

Thanks again, rb2013 - glad that the unsubscribe page is no longer a concern :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098