Visited Links in Outlook 2010 (and probably 2007)

Hi all,

I found a posted solution for this issue fairly quickly, unfortunately it did not work for me :(

ISSUE:

Visited links turn purple in Outlook 2010 and I assume in Outlook 2007 as well.  For the most part I can live with it, except now I've inherited an email that has a navigation bar with a purple background and white text.  I need the text to stay white beyond the first click.

Using the following works for all the links in the email:

<style media="all" type="text/css">
        a:visited {
             color:#FFFFFF;
        }
</style>

However, I only want these rules to apply to the nav section.  I've added class="nav" attribute to the <td>, the <a> and the <table> tags in every possible combination in order to get one of the following code snippets to work... and so far nothing:

(class="nav" on the <TD>) .nav a:visited { color:#FFFFFF; }
(class="nav" on the <TD>) td.nav a:visited { color:#FFFFFF; }
(class="nav on the <A>) a.nav:visited { color:#FFFFFF; }
(class="nav" on the <TABLE>) .nav a:visited { color:#FFFFFF; }
(class="nav" on the <TABLE>) table.nav a:visited { color:#FFFFFF; }

So... any help?  And is this what insanity feels like?

Thanks!

J

Redferret, 3 years ago

Is it completely necessary to have the visited links? if not then disable them completely by declaring the link colour as important i.e. nav a{color:#ffffff !important;}

setting the link colour inline on the link will also do this.

Gmail app apologist
jaybarg, 3 years ago

Thanks Red,

That did it.  So I guess Outlook 2007 doesn't support the selector .nav a:visited  but does support .nav a, because I actually already had the !important following the #FFFFFF.  Good to know.

J

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098