Anniversary Autoresponders

Hey I've set up an autoresponder to kick off 7 days after a customers last purchase. I've got two questions about the date triggers and hope one of you guys has already experienced this:

1) What happens if I import a new customer to the list whose anniversary date has already passed?

2) What if a particular subscriber has already received the email, then they make a new purchase and I update their last purchase date - will they receive the email again on the next anniversary? I hope that they do...

b

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hey there Brad, happy to answer your autoresponder questions here :)

1) What happens if I import a new customer to the list whose anniversary date has already passed?

The autoresponder won't send in this instance.

2) What if a particular subscriber has already received the email, then they make a new purchase and I update their last purchase date - will they receive the email again on the next anniversary? I hope that they do...

Yes, I believe the autoresponder will send on the anniversary after the new date.

Thanks Brad! Hope this helps :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
Phil Phil, 3 years ago

Hi Brad,

Just a quick follow-up on part of this one. We discussed this in the support request, but it's good information to go public, too :)

Anniversary-type autoresponders are sent every year with reference to the customer's date field. So if you import a subscriber whose effective send-date for that year has already passed, it'll be queued up for the following year :)

Autoresponders for following up on exact dates in history (say appointments or purchases or events) should be set up on the exact match of the date. See the introduction to autoresponders for a good overall look at the subject.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098