Mailbuild WYSIWYG editor inserting random spacing characters

Hello,

In Mailbuild, when editing some parts of text, other linebreaks, non-breaking spaces, and other weird tags are getting inserted every time I change and re-edit. I'm seeing

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

randomly inserted for every linebreak I have, everytime I "edit" and then save the change again. If I then edit that same section, another two <p>&nbsp;</p>s are added for every line break.

It's getting very annoying because my clients have to back out the linebreaks every time they need to make a change.

It wasn't like this a few weeks/days ago and definitely shouldn't be expected behavior.

Can you take a look?

Thanks,
Matt

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Matt,

Apologies for this, this bug is actually being caused by the new editor now being more standards compliant. Thanks for the heads up, we're working on a fix for this now and I'll post an update here when it's live and tested.

Just to clarify, what browser are you/your clients using?

slapshotw, 8 years ago

Thanks for the response! We're seeing this in both Safari Mac and Firefox Mac.

slapshotw, 8 years ago

Hi Dave,

Are you still trying to get a fix on this?

Thanks,
Matt

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

We are Matt, apologies for the delay, we're hoping to push this fix live on Monday. I'll certainly post an update here the moment this happens.

slapshotw, 8 years ago

Thanks Dave!

slapshotw, 8 years ago

Hi Dave,

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm just curious if this fix went out.

-Matt

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hey Matt, apologies for not following up earlier. That update actually went live yesterday, so if you spot anything looking out of the ordinary, please let me know.

balance, 8 years ago

Hey Dave,

We are still getting what I think is the same issue. It is right under our title tags and before our description tags.

Adam

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi Adam,

Our testing seems to indicate the problem is fixed. It might be best if you send an email to support with more details about exactly which client and template you're having problems with. If you have a saved draft to demonstrate the problem, even better.

balance, 8 years ago

Contacted. Thanks Dave.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098