Images not showing in

I have recently come across an issue with  It seems that when I use the same image several times within the same email, the 1st image will show and any after that are blocked. I am wondering if anyone has had this issue before and if anyone knows of a fix for it.

I have tested the same email in Chrome, IE9, Firefox 17.0.1, Opera 12.12 and Safari 5.1.7, and all are showing the same results.  I have also tested this email in outlook 2013 and it doesn’t seem to happen there.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi Lach, that's very unusual! I haven't seen this personally, but I am very curious. Do you have a webversion/test that you can share with us here?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
davecoleman, 3 years ago

I've heard elsewhere of this happening. May not be practical, but does it work if you duplicate the image and change the file names so each is different and sees them as different images?

JohnP JohnP, 3 years ago

This might be a long shot, but try putting a hash tag after the image to make them unique links:

change each to:

(of course this might cause them to not show up at all!)

If this doesn't work, you might have to save it as 3 different images unfortunately...

Lach, 3 years ago

Here is the online versions of the email I am testing at the moment:

I have tried and tested John's advice by adding #number at the end of each of the links, and that works!  Also the images show in all the other clients too.

Thank you very much for you help!

Step, 3 years ago

It could be due to the file type being .png as they're not supported great I believe.

A email developer obsessed with gym, coding, design, music, and other things he doesn't understand. Twitter -!/stephenho1mes
machadodesign machadodesign, 3 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing. It appears that is block the repeated instances of an images. The only work around I have found is to duplicate the file and name it differently which is ridiculous.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi machadesign, you and other posters are on the money - seems to be blocking multiple instances of a given image. That said, take a look at JohnP's solution above - that seems to work. It is pretty ridiculous, no doubt.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free