Whitelisting

Okay so we are asking some of our clients to whitelist our domain or add it to their address book so we can get more of our emails through. Maybe we shouldn't be doing that I don't know. This is what we received from one IT department -

#1. After we received this email we did go through the domain verification process with that client that campaign monitor advises us to do.
#2. Will that help or is there something else that we should be doing?

"canal-ins.com was already whitelisted the problem is the stuff coming in like this CanalInsurance-uintly1jyhjeyujy1r@cmail1.com and the facebook links in those emails.
CarolinaCasualty-uthlirk1clitrdtw1r@cmail5.com without facebook or other non Canal links gets through ok.

My problem is that I can't whitelist a specific account when they all have random letters appended like uthlirk1clitrdtw1r. I could whitelist cmail1.com but that isn't even fixed and other companies use it for spam too, like this one which contained a virus MarciaSutton-uieiky1jyhujylkuj1r@cmail2.com.

So basically you can send them from cmail but they will be blocked if you include facebook or other external links not directly associated with canal-ins.com in the message."

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

HI BeakerBen, in regards to what the IT department mentioned:

#1. After we received this email we did go through the domain verification process with that client that campaign monitor advises us to do.
#2. Will that help or is there something else that we should be doing?

Yes, if the IT department has assisted with setting up email authentication, we can also recommend that they whitelist our sending IPs, too. This will ensure that your client receives test emails and should get around the issue that comes with email originating from various cmailxx.com domains.

As for the links, this is an odd one - we generally haven't had many reports of links pointing to external domains causing issues with spam filters, although URL shorteners are known to be problematic. If you find that a campaign is being penalized for including links to Facebook.com (or similar), please get in touch with our team, as we'd be keen to investigate further.

Thanks, BeakerBen - I hope we can assist you here!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098