Linked image in body?

I'm trying to send out a mass emailer- with a nice postcard-like image in the body of the email without it being an attachment. I'm not sure if this is HTML coded and linked to my website.

I know how to code HTML and CSS- this is not a problem. Just trying to set up a mass-promotional material.

What if I want 3-4 button links in the image?

JohnP JohnP, 3 years ago

For buttons in your image you need  image mapping

Campaign Monitor hosts all images for you. Alternatively you can host your own images and link to them as an absolute url in your image tag. ( for example)

Typically you shouldn't make an email as one big image, it is not good practice. Many subscribers don't turn on images, and in this case, your email would be blank. I'd also suggest breaking the image up into smaller ones for the buttons. For each image you can assign an alt tag, so if the subscriber doesn't load the images, they can still know what is what and where to click.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Ditto to what JohnP said above. Just keep in mind that image maps don't always work in email - you would be much better off cutting up your image into smaller, linkable ones... And using as much text as possible for situations when images are blocked by default.

And yes, we host all images on import, so no worries there. Best of luck with your design!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free