Are these things still needed in my code?

Hello all,

I recently got an email from CampaignMonitor and I was poking around the source code when I noticed a few of the tags and techniques that I use were missing in their code. Admittedly, it's been a while since I updated my template code. I was wondering if the following things are still needed for bulletproof rendering.

1. Background Colors in HTML Emails (AOL) … tml_emails

<span id="body_style" style="display:block">

This span is working as a wrapper and is required for AOL. You can use any inline html element but it must be a standard element. For example, a custom tag like <aol_body></aol_body> will not work.

2. Stop Yahoo! Mail from Rendering Your Media Queries … ia_queries

<body yahoo="fix">
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi jimmykup, good question! Thanks for staying on the ball here.

Personally, I don't use the AOL background color fix, as I haven't come across this issue as of late. However, if you strip out the code suggested by EmailOnAcid and come into problems, be sure to let us know.

As for the Yahoo! attribute selectors tip, this is current. You don't need to include <body yahoo="fix">, as long as you keep your media query styles in this format:

td[class=w640] { ... }

Thanks, jimmykup! If you have any questions about this, be sure to let us know :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free