Nested table/cell background colours in Gmail

I'm finding an odd problem with setting the background colour of nested tables in Gmail.
Email is here

Each of the panels of text content should be on a white background. I've got styles applied to the nested tables, the cells of the nested tables, and even a 'bgcolor' attribute in the markup itself. Yet Gmail still displays these on the same blue background as the main table.
Is there an issue with nested tables in Gmail?
I've also noticed that the cellspacing specified on the table tags seems to be getting ignored as well.

Any help appreciated.

cheers
Ian

acidproductUK acidproductUK, 3 years ago

I should add that the red cells are deliberate, I was just trying something obvious to check that white cells weren't tripping some odd over-ride by Gmail...

Ian Davies
Acid Product
Audio Visual Presentations, Web Design, Print Design and Creative Technology Consultancy in Rugby, UK
acidproductUK acidproductUK, 3 years ago

Well, I solved the background colour problem (seemed to be related to a bgcolor="" attribute on the top level table tag) but cellspacing still seems to be stripped in Gmail.

Ian Davies
Acid Product
Audio Visual Presentations, Web Design, Print Design and Creative Technology Consultancy in Rugby, UK
JohnP JohnP, 3 years ago

Try keeping cellspacing at 0 and setting padding for the table cell inline. I think cellspacing and cellpadding might be just intended to 'zero out' any unwanted gaps.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098