Segment returning 0 subscribers

I created a segment in February which included a rule where a custom field did not equal a particular value. When testing this segment it returned all the subscribers where the field was empty or had a value which was not equal to the value in the rule. This was what I expected.

However, since March 1, the rule now only returns subscribers where there is a value in this field and does not included any where the field is empty (not specified). Have there been any changes to the way the segment rules work?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there Trevor, this is very unusual - we're not aware of any changes made to our segment logic. Also, after discussing this with the team, we have reason to believe that this rule never returned subscribers whose custom field is empty. I know, this is puzzling.

If you'd like us to take a look at your segments here, by all means get in touch with our team with details. I'm sorry we don't have a better explanation for this change you observed on 1 March - it's a mystery to us, too!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free