Scheduling and auto-populating subscriber list

I'm in "evaluation mode" and I just wanted to ask a quick question.

We currently send out emails to subscribers based on the age of their kids with an email for each significant milestone, i.e. 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, etc.

Is it possible within CM to set up the campaigns and schedule them to run every week and dynamically build the subscriber list by checking criteria - i.e. for campaign 1 send to all subscribers with kid = 4 months?

Or is this something we'd have to resort to the API for?

chrisk, 9 years ago

Okay - I can see that I can create the appropriate segments and that will do the dynamic building of the subscriber list. That's great.

But I can't see an option for recurring campaigns - is this possible?

P.S. Text is really small when entering comments - IE6.0 SP2 / Windows XP

Mathew Mathew, 9 years ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for considering Campaign Monitor. You can certainly use those custom fields (like ages) to create different segments that automatically update when people match the criteria. See our segments article for more on that.

At the moment, we don't offer the kind of trigger based campaign sending though, you would need to manually setup and send the campaigns (the API doesn't offer that either). Autoresponders and triggers are things we do get requests for, and I'll add you as another vote.

Also, I've fixed up that comment field text problem, thanks for pointing it out.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
aognenoff, 9 years ago

Along these same lines, I'd like to be able to send campaigns via the API. Triggers in CM would be great as the OP suggested, but we could write our own triggers if the API allowed sending a campaign to a list or segment directly. Specifically I could see sending out automated Happy Birthday or Sign-Up Anniversary messages this way.

Stig Stig, 9 years ago

Another vote for triggers.

Is this something you think you might add anytime soon?

It would be great if it could use custom fields with dates, and that the trigger could be relative to it - Like sending a daily campaign to all subscribers with a custom field x days before/after today, etc.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
karlito karlito, 8 years ago

Bring on the triggers!
AlexDunae AlexDunae, 8 years ago

This feature would make me trigger happy!

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

:) I've added you both as votes for that functionality.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
redketchup, 8 years ago

Another vote for recurring campaigns!

vince, 8 years ago

Me too.
I am jealous of the autoresponers and triggers that other email apps out there offer, and really would like to see CM and MM include it soon.
Many thanks

bc173, 7 years ago

Me wantz that too, triggers!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free