Lines in ipad

Good morning guys,

I've noticed an issue make a return over the last week, those annoying lines that appear on ipad!

I remember these being an issue around 4-5 months ago and now it looks like they are back without explanation.

When zooming in on ipad in yahoo I noticed colored lines on my email. After playing around with border-collapse and wrapping sections in tables with background colors I was able to reduce the issue down to only 2 colored lines appearing. Unforunately, the left side of the image is white, the right hand side is red. So the solution isn't as simple as applying one background colour, or even 2 (which isn't possible because of the way the image has to be cut).

Has any one noticed this recently?

If so, any ideas or fixes?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi jimmenycricket, I assume you're talking about this irritating issue? I haven't experienced it on an iPad yet, but we'll certainly keep an eye out for it happening!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
jimmenycricket jimmenycricket, 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply Ros, Yea that's the issue!

When I came across it some time ago (5 months) I addressed it using both of those pages you pointed to and I haven't seen the issue since.

Now it seems to have re-appeared. The only solution I could come up with after extensive hours of testing was to re-create the image as a full width/length background image. This is always my last method of practice but it seems to have done the job of getting rid of the lines across all browsers/esp's.

Maybe worth noting if anyone comes across this issue from now on

Get in touch for any freelance work!
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Actually, I had a customer tweet in about this yesterday, so you're certainly not alone here! So far, the fix suggested above is all we've got, but we'll certainly let you know if we find a more sturdy workaround.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free