problem with progressive disclosure

Hi all,

I am in the midst of designing a responsive email template that uses the progressive disclosure example show in the guide on this site, and I used the code from here:

Everything appears to be working fine...except the actual progressive disclosure part!  On an iOS/Android device, if I tap the "SHOW" button nothing happens at all.  The text will change to "HIDE" but the section with the content that is supposed to show never appears.  This happens on both the iOS default mail app, as well as the defualt Android mail app.

I really haven't changed anything in the code as of yet.  Am I missing something really simple?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there el_nino, would it be possible for you to share your code here? Alternately, you can get in touch with our team with campaign details. In both instances, we'll give it a go on our mobile devices and see what the issue may be :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
el_nino, 3 years ago

Hi roshodgekiss,

Thanks for replying.  As I mentioned, I just took the example code from here:

I used that as is as a test first, just to see how it worked in the iPhone/Android environment before I started to customize it for my needs.  This is so great and I love how it snaps to fit the screen size of whatever device you are using.  However...the "SHOW/HIDE" buttons just don't work for me on the mobile clients.  I'm stumped!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

I just sent you a test from 'Ros' to your email address. Could you kindly let me know if it works on your device? I can confirm that the show/hide button works as desired on my iPhone 4S / Mail. Very unusual!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free